Thursday, May 19, 2016

Finishing ASCI638

      As I round out the final week of my third nine week term at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, I will be completing two courses.  Specifically, one of the courses is Human Factors in Unmanned Systems, ASCI 638, to obtain my concentration in Human Factors.  As an active duty member of the armed forces, this course has been challenging but very rewarding.  In this course we have completed nine weeks’ worth of discussions and research assignments, which have been very insightful and eye opening.  Additionally, we conducted a term long Case Analysis.  This Case Analysis too has served as an excellent tool in not only preparing for the capstone, but in preparing for work outside of academia. 

      The Case Analysis was a term long research project, which I chose to examine the Standardization of a Single Measurement Unit in Unmanned Aviation.  Without going into all of the details of the project, this is a holdover from manned aviation and I believe this will be a concern as sUAS become more and more popular especially with the integration into the NAS and parts continuing to come from overseas.  This project also required us to interact with our peers via peer reviews.  I like the idea of peer reviews in this format, as in my mind it helps to prepare us for a career where we might be a project manager overseeing a project of a similar scope.


      In this course we have also started a blog to share our research and thoughts.  I plan to maintain this blog and continue to share my ideas, thoughts, and research as I continue in the process to obtain my Master’s Degree in Unmanned Systems with a concentration in Human Factors.  I believe this degree will not only broaden my horizons but will allow me to further contribute ideas and research to my employer.  I am looking forward to continuing this process of learning and continuing classes to complete my degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment